Tuesday 31 January 2012

Very Happy

My new classes have now been running for 3 weeks.  I'm enjoying them very much.  The venue at the Catholic Club in Beverley is great.  The management made us very welcome.

The upstairs room has a good calm atmosphere with plenty of space.  At the moment we are concentrating on basic Qi Gong and working slowly and steadily on the Yang 8 step form.  The class members have decided they prefer a slow and thoughtful approach, which is great for me.

I have booked the room for an extra 30 minutes so that I can work with a student who had already started to learn sword with me.  Most of the group stay for this session and want to join in, so I am probably going to tag a sword lesson onto the Tai Chi Quan class once everyone has progressed a bit more with the basics.

I hope everyone is enjoying the classes as much as I am.  It's great to see people getting into Tai Chi and having fun.  One student told me, I never thought I'd manage to do anything like this, it's great to find out I can.  This is what is so great about Tai Chi anyone can practice it, regardless of age or fitness level.  It can be adapted as needed.